Monday 12 August 2013

Along Came Betty

I recently had my birthday and from one of my friends I received a body scrub and moisturiser from a brand called 'Along Came Betty'(available in tesco), it's similar to Soap and Glory but cheaper (I mean that as a good thing!!). I've been using them for about 2 weeks now so I thought I'd tell you what I think about them.

First is the body scrub and the first thing I noticed was that it's in a tube not a tub which I find much easier to use when I'm in the shower. It smells amazing and because it's a mix of sugar and non natural beads it doesn't completely dissolve when applied but is no problem to wash off when you're done. It also doesn't leave an oily/cocoa butter residue on the skin which I like because I find that a bit sticky when you get out the shower. I have very dry and flaky skin on my legs and this scrub really helps with that but is also not too abrasive and unlike the previous sugar scrub I used doesn't irritate my skin.


The other 'Along Came Betty' product my friend gave me was the moisturiser and as I just said I have very dry skin on my legs so wanted to try this product to see if it helped. It's in a pump bottle and had the same or similar smell to the scrub which I love. More important than the smell is whether or not the product works and I am pleased to report it does! It has the consistency of a light moisturiser but works as well as a body butter without leaving as much of a residue. It feels slightly sticky when it's applied but once it's absorbed (which it does quickly) that goes away.


All in all I love these two products, think they work brilliantly and will definitely be repurchasing with my own money when they run out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment