Friday 26 July 2013

Ultimate Waterproof Mascara Test

So Wednesday was my last day of school for year 10 (finally!) and because it was so hot and sunny (a rare thing in England!)my friends and i were all going to one of my friend's houses to go swimming in her pool. I decided this would be the perfect time to test my new Maybelline falsies waterproof mascara to see how waterproof it really is!

The packaging is exactly the same except the writing is in blue. As for the wand I find its not as 'fluffy' as the non waterproof version and looks a bit neater than the non waterproof version, apart from that it's the same size and has the same spoon shaped brush.




I applied the mascara before I went to school at about 8 o'clock in the morning, I only applied one coat so it looks like it doesn't give as much volume as the non-waterproof version, it does you just have to spend longer working with it, and i didn't want it to look like i was wearing loads of mascara anyway.



My intention was to take several pictures throughout the day of how the mascara was holding up, we finished school at 12 o'clock and I meant to take a picture not that it would have looked much different to the original one but when I got to my friend's house I completely forgot! Anyway I didn't take another picture until 5:30 after swimming for over 3 hours, I tried while in the pool not to rub my eyes as I knew that would cause smudging but I could help wiping my eyes a bit, and I'm convinced this is what caused most if not all the smudging.


I found that the mascara at the ends of my eyelashes had pretty much all come off but as I said before I think this was caused my rubbing my eyes. My eyelashes also look a bit clumpy but this is mostly due to the fact that I was still quite wet from being in the pool.

Overall I am very impressed with this mascara, it applies and gives the same amount of volume as the non-waterproof version, but is almost completely waterproof, it is also not a total pain in the ass to remove!

No comments:

Post a Comment