Friday 6 September 2013

Empties

These are 5 products that I have recently used up and I'm going to review them for you...

The first product is Superdrug's Hand Therapy, Intensive Hand Cream which costs £1.39 for 75ml which is why I bought it originally as my hands were dry and I wanted to try the cheapest one. I liked this hand cream it smells nice, has a good texture and for the price it does pretty much what I expected. It's better at maintaining soft hands than actually moisturising dry hands which for me is a problem as especially in winter I get very dry hands. I won't be repurchasing this hand cream instead I'm going to try the Soap and Glory Hand Food as I've tried my friend's one and it's amazing!

The next product is the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, £8.99 from Superdrug and Boots. In the picture it doesn't actually look empty but it is! Anyway I really love this foundation it has a really nice brightening effect and medium but buildable coverage. It lasts all day (I have to put powder on my nose because it's really oily), doesn't break me out and weirdly actually smells really nice! At some point I will be repurchasing this foundation as I really love it, although I want to try something else but on the other hand I don't want to end up wasting my money on a foundation that's not as good as the Wake Me Up.

The next product is the Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer which I'd seen a lot of hype about and while it was good it wasn't as good as I was expecting and also lasted hardly any time at all. I was going to try the Maybelline Dream Touch (which is also a higlighting concealer) as I thought it was a similar price to the Collection one although it turns out the Collection one is £4.99 (although I'm pretty sure it was £4.19 when I bought it) and the Maybelline one is £6.99 which after all the other items I had in my basket I was not prepared to pay! At some point I'm going to try the Maybelline concealer and then I'll decide which is better.


The next product I really wasn't expecting much of and was pleasantly surprised. It's a shower gel, which I'm counting as a beauty product (ish). I was in Tesco with my mum and looking at the mint shower gel from Original Source but I actually didn't like the smell much so instead I thought I'd try the Tesco's own lime shower gel which smelt amazing. I loved it, it lathered up well and while it wasn't moisturising for 99p the smell and how it lathered up was enough to make me want to buy it again. This time I tried the lemon one which I still to me smells a bit like cleaning product but it still good. I have already repurchased this shower gel but this time in the coconut and mango scent which to me literally smells like summer in a bottle.

Lastly is the VO5 heat protect styling spray. I didn't really notice a difference when I used this spray compared to not using one at all. I liked the smell of this product but now I'm using a Tresemme one and my hair actually looks shiner and feels softer after I use it compared to if I don't, so I won't be repurchasing the VO5 one.

No comments:

Post a Comment