Wednesday 18 September 2013

Make Up Haul

Over the last couple of weeks I've bought quite a bit (well it is for me anyway!) of make up, so I thought I'd show you what I've bought and give you a first impression on the ones that I've already used.

First off I bought the MUA 'undress me too' eyeshadow palette which was £4. The reason for the odd name is because it's supposed to be a dupe for the Naked 2 palette, they also have an 'undress me' palette but I thought I'd get more use from this one.
The formulation of the shimmery shades is great (especially for the price), they're creamy and pigmented but the matt shades are unfortunately nowhere near as good. They're chalky and have little colour pay off. Despite the poor quality of the matt shades (there's only two of them out of 12 and they are workable its just compared to the shimmery shades they're noticeably worse) I really like this palette especially for the price and I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of it.
Naked, Devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish, Dreamy
Tranquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed, Corrupt

Next I went a bit lip product crazy, when I went on holiday with my cousin she had 2 of the Rimmel Kate Moss Matt Finish lipsticks and they looked so nice that when we got back I went and bought them, in Superdrug at the Barry M counter I also saw a green lipstick so I picked that up too as I thought it was something different...just kidding it's not actually green on the lips! When you apply it, it goes a pinky cherry colour! I also picked up two of the Maybelline Baby Lips in Boots, Hydrate which is one of the clear ones and Cherry Me which is the reddy colour.
101, 110, 332

Cherry Me, Hydrate

Cherry Me, 101, 110
My camera seemed to have a bit of an issue when I photographed these swatches as the Rimmel lipsticks don't really look anything like they actually do in person 101 is a very subtle pink and it's not that obvious that you're wearing lipstick and 110 is a very bright orangey-pink toned red. Next to 110 I tried to swatch the Barry M one but it wouldn't come up, when you apply it to the lips it looks a bit like a toned down version of Cherry Me when it's in the bullet.

I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder so when I went to get a new bronzer I was instantly drawn to the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in shade 022. It's a similar formulation to the Stay Matte Powder and it's not too orangey, it's also much like all other Rimmel products and very reasonably priced.

The swatch at the bottom looks really dark scary and that's only because I applied a lot of the product to show how you can build it up. The swatch at the top is more how I blend out the bronzer when I apply it. 

The next product is also from Rimmel, I just love all their products at the moment! It's a nude eyeliner, I already have the scandaleyes black eyeliner but I thought I would also wear the nude one for on my eyelids and in my waterline. Superdrug at the moment are doing buy one get one 1/2 price on all Rimmel products so I managed to pick up this eyeliner for only about £2.

Last but not least is a clear mascara for my eyebrows from Miss Sporty, I wanted to get the MUA one for £1 but the Superdrug I was in didn't have it. The cheapest they did have was the Miss Sporty one for £2.99. I wanted it to make my eyebrows look a bit fuller as they are quite thin and it's okay but doesn't really hold my eyebrows for that long. Next I will try either the Maybelline great lash in clear (which loads of beauty gurus use) or the MUA one.

In my last post I mentioned that I'll be posting every Saturday and Wednesday, I wrote that before I started back at school. I'm in year 11 this year and it's a bit crazier than I anticipated, so I'm still intending to post twice a week but some weeks I may only manage one or not upload on Wednesdays and Saturday :)

[disclaimer: this is not me trying to show off, I paid for all these products myself and I'm just giving my honest opinion]

No comments:

Post a Comment